Tips and Tricks
Bugs and Fixes
Internet Explorer 5
Link to Us
Search the Web
Plus! 98 Tips & Tricks
|Q: How do I access Microsoft Plus! 98 features
once they've been installed?
A: Click Start,
point to Programs and Microsoft Plus!98, and click the game, accessory, or
wizard you want.
|Improve your putting in Microsoft Golf 1998 Lite.
Microsoft Plus! 98
includes a scaled-down version of Microsoft Golf 1998 Edition. Here are some putting tips:
- To read breaks in the green, listen to game commentary.
- Use a wedge or middle iron to land on the green from rough or sand dont try
- Use the grid to see terrain details.
|Choose and customize a desktop theme.
Microsoft Plus! 98 includes more than
a dozen new desktop themes, and you can choose to apply all or some of the elements of the
themes. To choose and customize a theme:
- From the Microsoft Plus!98 menu, choose Desktop Themes.
- Click a theme from the dropdown menu in the Theme dialog box.
- Clear the elements you dont want, click Apply, and then click OK.
Changes go into effect when you restart your computer.
Bonus Tip: Are you bored with a theme? Open Desktop Themes, select Rotate Theme
Monthly, and then click Apply and OK.
|Try this strategy for Spider Solitaire.
Microsoft Plus! 98 comes with a
super-charged, double-deck card game called Spider Solitaire. The goal is to line up all
eight suits in order from King to Ace. Not every game is winnable, but strategy is crucial
if you plan to win. The best secret? Spider Solitaire has an Undo commandso if there
are two or more possibilities, use Undo to try them both and choose the most advantageous.
The only time you cant use Undo is when youve dealt a new row, so save the
game just before you deal and you can always revert to the saved game.
|Undo changes in Picture It! Express.
Take pictures with a digital camera or
scan them into your computer, and you can use Microsoft Picture it!« Express to correct
redeye and tint, and add special effects. If you make a change and dont like the
result, there are several ways to undo the action, depending on where you are in the
- If you are in the task pane, click Cancel.
- If you finished a task and clicked Done, from the Edit menu, click Undo.
- If you saved along the way and made other changes, from the File menu, click
Return to Last Save.
|Q: How do I keep my McAfee VirusScan up to
A: To update your McAfee« VirusScan
program (which comes with Microsoft Plus!98) with the several hundred new viruses
discovered each month:
- Click Start, point to Settings, Programs, Microsoft Plus! 98,
and McAfee VirusScan, and click VirusScan.
- From the File menu, click Update.
- Once updated, click OK to start a scan using the updated information.
Suggest a Tip